According to the National MS Society, more than 2.1 million people around the world have multiple sclerosis.
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune condition. MS damages nerve cells, often leading to debilitating symptoms such as fatigue, numbness, and impairment of speech and muscles. Sadly, the immune system attacks its own nervous system. People with MS may experience:
- Numbness/weakness in one or more limbs
- Loss of vision
- Having double vision or blurry vision
- Feeling tingling or pain in one or more parts of your body
- Feeling electric-shock sensations when you move your head in certain ways
- Losing coordination while walking or standing
- Having muscle spasms or stiff muscles
- Extreme fatigue or dizziness
No two people with this autoimmune disorder will experience it the same way. If you are looking to take a personalized approach to managing your multiple sclerosis, contact our office today.