Research continues to show us that depression is a sign of imbalance. It’s not an inherited genetic condition that you are powerless to change. Imbalances can be caused by inflammatory foods, toxins, medications, and life events like trauma and stress. Taking a one-size-fits-all antidepressant is like turning off a blaring alarm and ignoring a fire.
Here are 12 research-backed causes of depressive symptoms:
- Infection-induced depression
- Long-term stress
- Conflicts in modern hierarchies, such as the workplace, social groups, and families
- Romantic rejection
- Postpartum depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Chemically-induced depression
- Environmental toxins
- Being diagnosed with a disease
Depression looks different for everyone. At our office, we focus on getting to the root cause for each individual. Call us today to learn about our comprehensive wellness program!