Are you stressed?
Stress is a modern epidemic. Every day, we encounter subconscious stressors called “invisible stress.” Research shows the invisible stress of everyday life is far more dangerous than one-off periods of acute, conscious stress.
Fortunately, there are ways to re-organize your life and practice healthy habits!
- Simplify your life and refrain from multitasking. Separate the different areas of your life—work, family, friends, organizations etc.—and strictly maintain that separation.
- Switch from a survival mindset to a solution mindset.
- Practice mindfulness. Meditation is a mindfulness technique that rewires your brain into living in the moment and trains it to refocus.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep, eating nutritious meals, and staying active!
- Create a support system. The feeling of bonding and being with close friends and family creates an increase of Oxytocin, allowing us to feel more at peace.
- Identify and avoid stress triggers. Be mindful of your reactions to different people and things in your life, and when you identify the stressors, do everything to stay away or rectify the situation.
Being aware, identifying problem areas, and taking positive steps to rectify stressors lay the foundation for avoiding chronic stress. But the foundation is not the whole journey. If you’re ready to look at every facet of stress—mind, body, diet, and environment—contact our office today.