Are you a man wanting to feel great about yourself and function optimally? Did you know that men start to lose testosterone production at age 30? Additionally, 10% of men in their 40s and 25% of men in their 70s have definitive diagnoses for low testosterone.
Healthy testosterone levels in men require a few factors:
- Proper enzyme function
- Management of Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
- Leydig cell health (the cells in the testicle that make testosterone)
- Optimal Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal (HPG) axis function
If any of those factors are not present, and if a man is not producing enough testosterone, he may experience the following symptoms:
- Breast tissue development and/or small testes or penis
- Spattered hair growth patterns
- Low libido and lack of spontaneous erections
- Decreased energy
- Decreased muscle mass and increased fat mass
- Poor sleep and/or concentration
- Joint and muscle pain post-workout
Stress management and balancing your blood sugars is a good place to start to feeling your best! Sleep increases testosterone production and is a major player in the world of hormone balance. Consider the type of exercises you do. Working out by doing heavy lifting for big muscle groups (think squats and deadlifts) would be a great way to increase testosterone and increase your libido.
Please contact our office for support and questions regarding your health.