Self-care is a vital part of a person’s overall health—especially if you are an entrepreneur.
A team of entrepreneurship researchers from the University of California studied personality and mood factors that are common among entrepreneurs. They found that people who own a business are more prone to:
- A sense of worthlessness
- Suicidal thinking
If you want to maximize your business’s success, start by analyzing your self-care routine. In which of the following areas could you improve?
- Getting plenty of sleep
- Making time for friendships (this is one of the best de-stressors!)
- Exercising regularly (be careful not to overdo it)
- Scheduling time off (and actually take that time off!)
- Practicing gratitude
- Taking care of your body by avoiding processed foods and supporting good gut health
- Stepping away from technology and enjoying time in nature
Business owners tend to put their needs last when they really should be putting them first. Remember that you (not just your business) are a great investment! We know firsthand that managing a business is hard work that often makes it difficult to take care of yourself. Contact our office today to see how we can help you holistically with your self-care routine!
How can you make an investment in yourself today?