A candida infection is an overgrowth of fungus and can affect skin, blood, genitals, and throat. Troubles like yeast infections, athlete’s foot, and oral thrush are all expressions of yeast overgrowth. If you suffer from these issues, this is a warning sign that your body has too much yeast.
Here are 6 factors that can contribute to yeast overgrowth:
- Yeast thrives on sugar, so processed foods and sugar will increase your risk of infection.
- A healthy brain is necessary for a healthy gut, and when the brain suffers trauma (like a concussion), you are more prone to getting a candida infection.
- Poor gut health can be an imbalance of good and bad bacteria.
- Poor circulation can make you more susceptible to candida.
- Whether they are good or bad, antibiotics kill all bacteria. This, of course, can lead to yeast overgrowth. If you must take antibiotics, it is important to reestablish healthy gut bacteria with probiotics and fermented foods.
- Imbalanced hormones can also upset the balance of gut health.
Candida infections can be extremely annoying and disrupt your everyday life. Contact our office today if you need help getting to the root of your health problems.