Are you under a lot of stress?
Unmanaged stress can lead to poor digestion, a weakened immune system, and psychological distress. Many of the following stressors can be helped by targeted nutrients and supplements:
- Blood sugar swings: Constant high-to-low cortisol, insulin compensation, and blood sugar ups and downs will trigger more stress.
- Oxidative stress: The best way to keep your mitochondria healthy is to eat a wide variety of brightly colored veggies. Strength training is the next best thing, as it makes new, healthy mitochondria.
- Poor oxygen delivery: Iron and B vitamin deficiencies are common causes of not getting enough oxygen delivered to your tissues.
- Dehydration: Eliminating this stressor is so simple: just drink more water!
- Hormone imbalances: Remember that your hormones are highly orchestrated and intricately linked. So, when one is off, it’s only a matter of time before others suffer as well.
- Inflammation: If you’re experiencing hormonal deficiency symptoms but show normal hormone levels in your blood work, we recommend having your inflammation levels tested.
Stress may be a common problem, but it doesn’t have to negatively affect your health. Ask our office about taking a holistic approach to combat stress.